Monday, July 19, 2010

Friday, June 25th

8:30 AM (Central Time)
I've just started a Slugbug War two hours into our ten-plus hour drive to Raton, New Mexico. Maybe that was a bad idea... I'm riding with Christian, his dad, and Chris. We've all got plenty of leg room, and nobody's particularly annoying yet. (Well, Chris keeps pulling out my leg hairs, and he put a dead ant in my cup, and....) I'm all excited that we're actually on the way to Philmont, though I wasn't too excited about waking up at 4:30 this morning. From what I hear though, it'll be worth it.

Chris also felt like playing "I'm not touching you" for 15-minute periods every so often. Christian's really good at Slugbug, but Chris hits the hardest.... We slept most of the drive though, so my shoulder didn't hurt too much.


12:40 PM

We're still driving... ugh. Chris is still annoying, but hey, at least he's not boring! We'll be stopping in Amarillo soon for lunch, and we'll get to stretch our legs some. So far, we've only gotten about a dozen Slugbugs total (not counting the little car dealership we passed), and we've gotten thirteen eighteen-wheelers to honk at us... it's actually kinda fun!

9:21 PM (Mountain Time)

Dinner at K-Bob's steakhouse was good ( I got the salad bar). We came back to the church we're staying the night at to find a small group of deer grazing out front. They didn't mind us much, so we got a lot of good pictures. Off in the distance is a large storm front (though these mountain storms are supposed to be quick and short...) and the lightning looks real cool at 6400 ft altitude. The four of us Black Wolves* here (me, Dakota, Ernest, and Micah) are playing Uno with this tiny little deck. I'm gonna finish with them and hit the hay.

*The 'Black Wolves' is my patrol's name. And oops, Chris is a Black Wolf, too (sorry!). Several people got their heads buzzed before dinner, mostly into mohawks. I decided I was good with my no-hawk.We also played paper football for a while.... Oh and the trailer ran out of gas (in the rain) before we got to Raton!

No comments:

Post a Comment