Thursday, July 22, 2010

Monday, June 28th (Day 3)

10:13 AM
Oh, wow. We are sitting on the side of Uraca Mesa enjoying the awesome view. I feel good about how we're doing so far. Right now our crew is debating our crew names, and James (who's our crew leader) is telling us about his crew's nicknames last time he came. It's about 78 degrees up here at the moment, and we've got a nice breeze blowing every minute or so. I can see the shadows from the clouds drifting across the mountains, and I can tell which clouds are making which shadows. Cool!

We were kinda busy this day, so I didn't get to write too much. It was so hard hiking/climbing up the front side of the mesa, but it was so awesome at the top. On our regular camp-outs back home, Mr. King tells this story about "The Blue Lights of Urraca Mesa", where people foolish enough to hike over the mesa at night disappear without a trace. I made sure to take a picture of me up there for my younger brothers... just in the daytime, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment